Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Day on the Farm

Today I spent most of the day cleaning up outside. It is always so much fun to put out yard art in the summer but when it is time to put it away for the year, I seem to not have the same kind of interest.
I pulled out my tomatoes and hung them in the barn. There are still alot of green ones but I am hoping they ripen before it gets to cold. I usually make stewed tomatoes and can them for winter.
I picked all my pumpkins and sat them on the porch. They are still half green but I am just proud that I got pumpkins. I don't know if they will continue to get orange. I hope so.
I need to put a light in my new chicken house. It is getting dark so early my chickens have quit laying. I am really bummed I have only gotten a few eggs since we built the new chicken house.

No comments:

Post a Comment