Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Beekeeping 2013

 Getting the frames ready for the honey extractor















Here we go













Putting the first frame in the extractor
My friend Opens the spigot after we extracted the honey and starts the flow of the honey.










Here it comes!! Do you have any idea how exciting this is.











Looking good

                                                 BEAUTIFUL













In the end I got 2 gallons and a quart.
I was so excited for my little hive and the honey is really yummy. This honey was from my first hive















This hive didn't make it through the winter. When I was able to get into it this spring when the weather was not so cold. I opened it and the Queen had been dead for sometime. If there isn't a queen there eventually are no bees. Very sad for me but I was able to harvest the honey from the hive. I hopefully will start  a new second hive in the spring of 2014.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! That honey does look delish! I have a local bee keeper that I get honey from. Delish! Does seem to be helping my allergies since eating it from a local beekeeper! So sorry to hear about your queen dying! Hope you were able to have another one this past Spring!

    ReplyDelete