Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Last Of November

Hello Everyone,
Well Thanksgiving is over and we did our part in eating to much. Had a very nice Thanksgiving. We were invited to my sons home this year and I really enjoyed being able to bring something instead of cooking it all. It gave me a chance to try some new recipes. The yam recipe I wanted to try was soooo good and I will be posting it.
Here it is:
However I did make it with Yams.

SWEET POTATO DISH
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method-------- ------------ -------------------------------- 5 MEDIUIM SWEET POTATOES -- BOILED 1/2 CUP BROWN SUGAR -- PACKED 1 TBLS CORNSTARCH 1 CUP ORANGE JUICE 1/4 CUP RAISINS 1/4 CUP MARGARINE -- MELTED 2 TBLS WALNUTS -- CHOPPED
Double recipe for 13 x9 pan. I used the same amount of Potatoes however.
PEEL AND HALVE SWEET POTATOES. ARRANGE IN SHALLOW BAKING DISH. SPRINKLE LIGHTLY WITH SALT.COMBINE SUGAR AND CORNSTARCH IN SAUCE PAN. GRADUALLY ADD ORANGE JUICE MIXING WELL. BRING TO BOIL ADD MARGARINE, RAISINS AND WALNUTS. MIX WELL AND POUR OVER SWEET POTATOES. BAKE UNCOVERED AT 350 FOR 20 MINUTES. SPRINKLE WITH CINNAMON.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I spent the last couple of days putting away things so I can start bringing out my Christmas decorations. This will be our last Christmas in this house . We sold our house and will be moving in the spring. It is very bitter sweet for me. I want to move but it is hard to leave someplace you have lived in for 30 years. It will be quite an adventure. I don't like being away from my THINGS , so that will be the hardest for me. I am a very homey person and I don't like being unsettled. So I sure hope we aren't for very long.
They have been perdicting snow here for 2 days but so far nothing. I would love to see a little snow but we live in kind of a banana belt and very seldom get any. While everyone around us does. I LOVE SNOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment