Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oak Harbor, Washington

We were finally able to get away for a couple of days. We visited my husbands brother and wife from North Carolina, that are visiting their daughter and son in law at the Navy base in Oak Harbor. We had a wonderful Shrimp and Hush Puppy dinner. You don't hear about having Hush Puppies in this part of the country. They are made from corn meal and deep fried in oil and they are soooo good. I would rather have Hush Puppies than French Fries anyday
Oak Harbor is a very nice little town. I have never been there before. Of course I immediately started looking for cute little shops. I found a wonderful Knitting Shop, Oak Harbor Knits, I only wish I would have had more time to sit and talk to the gal that was working there. A very sweet lady.
There were a lot of fun little places in town.
The water and view was wonderful. We had a very nice and relaxing two days.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a delightful day to me, and even though I have lived in the south I do not believe I have eaten hush puppies!

    ReplyDelete