Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bees, Bees, Bees

I joined the Pierce County Beekeepers Assoc. a few months ago. I have had an interest in having bees for along time. A couple of my friends said they had been going for a year. I have now passed my Apprenticeship and received my certificate and have started  my journeymans. It will take a good 2 years before I finish this part. I have to have bees for 2 years and take a group of tests. I could have done it on my own but wanted to know the right way of having bees. So far I have found out that everyone has their own way of taking care of their bees and I have learned so much interesting information. I will start my bees in the spring . So I have from now to spring to get all my equipment together.
At the last meeting we went into the W.S.U. Apiary and  looked at the bees up close and personal.O my gosh it was so great. The bees were so calm and I seen my first queen.
Here are some pictures I took:

No comments:

Post a Comment