Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh My Gosh More Lambs

This little boy was the next one born. I almost lost him. His mama's milk didn't come in real good right away and he got cold. So I started him on a bottle in between his moms milk but finally told his mom I was taking him in the house to warm him up. I thought she would throw a fit but she excepted it just like she understood. I had him in the house all day.Finally in the late afternoon I knew his was ready to go back to his mom. She just took him back like nothing had ever happened.I continued to feed him extra milk for about 3 days and then he refused to take anymore of the bottle. He is doing just fine now.
These little girls were born the day after the little black one. The mom is very old and should have not been bred this year but.......accidents happen. She has always been a really good mom. She had these lambs with no problems and is very proud of them. She is 14 years old.
She loves her babies

No comments:

Post a Comment