Sunday, April 29, 2012

More On The Farm

 You can barely see them but this is the Mama wild duck and her babies on our pond. There are 11 of them. They are so darn cute . They buzz around on our pond so fast you can't believe it. They are only 3 days old. I will try to get a better picture of them


This is the papa. He stands guard all the time.

These are my 2 tame Muscovy ducks. She is sitting on a nest also.

The bushes are starting to leaf out finally.

The poor sheep finally were sheared and they look like HECK but they are really glad to get those long fleeces off of them


Our pasture is always such a mud hole in the winter and early spring

Last week I got my second package of bees. Here they are after I put them in their new hive. the little box in front is what they came in and I emptyed them into the the hive box.
My other hive made it through the winter and is doing very well at the moment. This has been the most rewarding hobby I have ever had.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, bee lady! :-) I just bought the paint for my hives and the color is almost an exact match with your yellow! Same wave length again, Robin! I want to come and see you and your place sometime!

    ReplyDelete